We are very grateful to Raglan School Eco-council for funding and planting a new row of trees, along side the all-weather path, to form an avenue… christened Raglan Avenue!
About 20 parents and friends turned out to plant and stake the new trees, with lots of help from the children of Raglan school. The new trees look fantastic!
The kinds of trees that we planted were:
- goat willow (salix caprea)
- silver birch (betula pendula)
- flag pole flowering cherry (prunus serrulata amanogawa)
- common/european beech (Fagus sylvatica)
- golden leaved elm (Ulmus carpinifolia aurea)
- variety of plum (prunus sp.)
- liquid amber or american sweetgum (Liquidambar styraciflua)
- flowering cherry (Prunus subhirtella autumnalis rosea)